A CSSA Chapter
St. Louis, Missouri
[ CONTACTS ]
Each monthly issue of the Henry Shaw Cactus Digest includes club updates, columns and articles by members on their favorite aspects of cactus and succulent culture. Follow the link below this item to read select Digest articles -- or join HSCS to receive every article in the print version of the Digest.
Things To Do -- September
By Barbara Rengers
1. Prepare your winter quarters. Clean and disinfect, if necessary.
2. Water plants less frequently and stop using fertilizer.
3. Maintain plenty of fresh air, especially at night, to help plants increase their resistance to pests and diseases.
4. Examine outdoor plants for infestations of all kinds.
5. Keep Schlumbergera truncate relatively dry for about four weeks from mid-September on. They will set lots of flower buds if kept cool and in bright light.
6. Autumn is an important time for strong spine formation and flower production next spring.
[ Current Articles From the Digest ]
HSCS Events | Member Photos | Join HSCS | Club History
Plant of the Month | Cactus Q&A | From the Digest | Home